Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jocelyn Utecht"s Humanities Blog #1

So far, I find this class fairly interesting.  It's interesting to learn how the Romantic Movement differed from other time periods and how we see those differences through art and literature.  I have learned about this time period before and already understand how nature was a huge part in the way the people thought.  In the artwork that we looked at in class, you can see how nature prevailed over man and how man is just another part of nature in the grand scheme of things.  I also found it interesting how Professor Tucker mentioned how he had a tough time adjusting to living in a rural area versus a big city.  I don't live in a big city, but I also found Chadron to be a very different place than where I grew up.  But like Professor Tucker, I am continuing to learn how to appreciate nature's beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment