Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week 11

This week we have read Existentialism is a Humanism.  I found it fairly confusing to read.  In class, we discussed the various definitions of existence.  Dr. Tucker explained how the author was pondering his own existence and how he even knows that he exists or not.  Eventually, he decides that the one fact he can rely on to support the theory that he exists is "I think, therefore I am".   Dr. Tucker also talked about the relationship between God and man.  He talked about how God is considered absurd simply because his whole existence is irrational.  He is considered irrational because we can't see him.  We have no real proof that he is there.  So we must have faith to believe in him.  Man, however, is rational.  We can see man and know they are there.
Tonight we have our second to last movie to watch.  I'm hoping there are technical difficulties again or else I will be late. I am also hoping that this movie is in English.  Other than that, most of the movies have been ok. I at least was able to find something to write about both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment