Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week #4

This week we have been focusing on Frankenstein.  Today in class we watched part of the movie.  I thought watching the movie gave everyone a good visual of what is going on in the story.  I must admit that I have always imagined the creature to be not quite as ugly.  I don't know why this is but I think its because I usually take the creature's side.  I do agree with the creature when he says that he is like Adam but he had done nothing wrong.  Victor created him and then turned from him before he had even been alive for a few days.  I think the creature would have been able to over come that however if the family he had been watching had accepted him.  If they had accepted him and given him a chance to explain himself, the book would have turned out very differently.  This book does not have a happy ending really so we know that something has to happen that cannot be fixed.  I am looking forward to finishing the book, but I also wish we could have spent a little more time on Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment